What is Team Integration?
We represent a team of committed healthcare professionals working together to best serve your needs.
To us, integrative holistic medicine is about embracing all of humanity’s knowledge, both traditional and modern evidence-based systems.
Our team is highly trained in both traditional, complementary practice and in medical, evidence-based approaches. Acupuncture, massage, nutritional/herbal therapies, and other bodywork therapies complement our medical and scientific backgrounds and work experiences.
The word “integration” goes beyond working as a group in one place. At The Acupuncture Turning Point, we “walk the talk”. Each therapist has a close-up and first-hand knowledge of all practitioners and modalities offered, because we are all required to optimize our own health by entering into treatment programs with each other. This way we better understand the therapeutic process first-hand as patients, affording us insights and opportunities to work synergistically for each other and you!
Sometimes we work with you directly as a team, other times, we consult one other between your treatments to get advice and referral possibilities. Always though, there is an incredible intelligence and resilience that comes from facing our therapeutic challenges together with you.
East meets West - a better definition of 'holistic'
We practice holistically based on the following principles*
- Optimal Health is the primary goal of holistic medical practice. It is the conscious pursuit of the highest level of functioning and balance of the physical, environmental, mental, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of human experience, resulting in a dynamic state of being fully alive. This creates a condition of well-being regardless of the presence or absence of disease.
- Whole Person. Holistic health care practitioners view people as the unity of body, mind, spirit and the systems in which they live.
- Prevention and Treatment. Holistic health care practitioners promote health, prevent illness and help raise awareness of dis-ease in our lives rather than merely managing symptoms. A holistic approach relieves symptoms, modifies contributing factors, and enhances the patient’s life system to optimize future well-being.
- Innate Healing Power. All people have innate powers of healing in their bodies, minds and spirits. Holistic health care practitioners evoke and help patients utilize these powers to affect the healing process.
- Integration of Healing Systems. Holistic health care practitioners embrace a lifetime of learning about all safe and effective options in diagnosis and treatment. These options come from a variety of traditions, and are selected in order to best meet the unique needs of the patient. The realm of choices may include lifestyle modification and complementary approaches as well as conventional drugs and surgery.
- Relationship-centered Care. The ideal practitioner-patient relationship is a partnership which encourages patient autonomy, and values the needs and insights of both parties. The quality of this relationship is an essential contributor to the healing process.
- Individuality. Holistic health care practitioners focus patient care on the unique needs and nature of the person who has an illness rather than the illness that has the person.
- Teaching by Example. Holistic health care practitioners continually work toward the personal incorporation of the principles of holistic health, which then profoundly influence the quality of the healing relationship.
- Learning Opportunities. All life experiences including birth, joy, suffering and the dying process are profound learning opportunities for both patients and health care practitioners.
- The Healing Power of Love. Holistic health care practitioners strive to meet the patient with grace, kindness, acceptance, and spirit without condition, as love is life’s most powerful healer.
* These holistic principles are adopted from list created by The American Holistic Medical Association